When it comes to electronic signatures, Click & Sign offers 5 different methods, each varying in terms of robustness. The choice of method depends on the level of importance of the documents being signed.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Signing methods
- Method allocation
- Simple signature: This method involves simply clicking a button, making it the least robust option.
- Typed signature: the signatory types their name using a physical or virtual keyboard.
- Biometric handwritten signature: Users draw their signature on the screen of a mobile phone or tablet, and the device captures biometric data available.
- Single-use code signature: a numerical code is sent via SMS or registered email. The length of the code, the number of allowed incorrect attempts before cancelling the signing process, and the delivery method (SMS or email) can be configured. The message is always certified.
- Digital signature: This method involves using a digital certificate, offering the highest level of legal guarantees. According to the European eIDAS regulation, it can be classified as an advanced or qualified electronic signature, depending on the location of the digital certificate Signatories are required to enter their identity card number for this option.
Multiple signature methods can be utilised, except for simple and digital signatures, which cannot be combined with other methods.
When it comes to digital signing, users have three options:
- Centralised cloud signature: These are certificates issued and stored by Lleida.net. While importing certificates issued by other entities is possible, the resulting signature will be classified as advanced. However, if using certificates issued by Lleida.net, qualified signatures are available, offering the highest level of robustness.
- eSignaDesktop: This is an add-on for our Web signature platforms for Windows and Mac OS that allows signing with certificates issued by Lleida.net or other entities and with external devices such as identity document readers or certificates stored in other media. The signature can be qualified or advanced, depending on the support of the certificate.
- Lleida.net Wallet: This is an app for Android and iPhone. It allows signing with certificates issued by Lleida.net for this platform. Qualified signature
The applications can be downloaded from the following links:
- eSignaDesktop for Windows
- eSignaDesktop for Mac
- Lleida.net Wallet for Android
- Lleida.net Wallet for iPhone
When it comes to assigning methods for signing with Click & Sign, there are three different approaches available:
- All signatories use the same method(s) for signing.
- Each signatory is assigned a different method for signing.
- Signatories have the freedom to choose their preferred signing method.
Same methods for all signatories
During the configuration of the signature types of a template, you must select the first option of Signature methods: All users must sign using the method(s) you select below.
By choosing this option, all users will sign using the methods you have selected However, it's important to note that not all methods can be combined with each other.
Different methods for signatories
The second option allows you to assign different methods to individual signatories. During the sending process, you can assign one or more of the selected methods to each signatory.
In this scenario, after the sending process is completed, a button will appear next to the fields where the user's data is entered. Each signatory will be required to select only one method from the options provided.
The signatory selects how to sign
The third option is similar to the second one, with the distinction that the signatory is assigned two or more signature methods. When it's time for them to sign, they will need to choose one method from the options they have been assigned.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article